You are welcome to visit Benita Home to see the facilities, discuss everything in detail and specify your needs. Appointments can be made by phoning + 372 674 4600 or by contacting us here.
Advantages offered by Benita Home
Benita Home is a multipurpose centre providing social and health care services. We differ from other similar facilities, because in addition to the home for the elderly, the complex also includes an innovative dementia-friendly building, nursing care hospital and rehabilitation and training centre. This means that dependent on available places, a patient whose condition has improved may move on to another service or use other services we offer in the same complex.
- Competent and considerate medical and care staff
- Buildings designed to meet the needs of the elderly and provide comfortable conditions
- Always clean and homelike environment
- Consultancy services of a nurse
- Qualified rehabilitation staff available on workdays (physiotherapist, recreational therapist, creative arts therapist, psychologist, etc.)
- 24-hour nurse call system (Miratel NEO)
- Possibility to order packaged medicinal products
- ISO 9001:2015 quality management system implemented
- Latest newspapers available in the lobby
- Café open every day from 8.00 to 19.30.
- Necessary hygiene products sold in the kiosk
- In agreement with the family, cash-free room bill possibility
- Numerous private sitting corners
- 500 m walking trail around Benita Home
- On workdays, special morning exercises for the elderly under the instruction of a qualified physio- or recreational therapist
- Locally prepared meals
- Laundry done in-house
- Hairdressing, manicure, pedicure, skin care
- Various leisure time activities from morning exercises for the elderly and discussions on current news to common activities and concerts in the afternoon
- Fascinating lectures on topical issues delivered by professionals of different fields
- Classic cinematographic films
- Internet access point with a computer and WiFi
- Religious service once a month
- Sports facility with modern equipment to help maintain physical health
- Rental of mobility aids
- At request, consultancy of recreational or physiotherapist on finding or adapting an appropriate technical aid
- Issue of technical aid certificate
- Service of a social worker who is glad to help prepare applications for a disability or rehabilitation card or new identity documents
Benita Home provides accommodation in single and twin rooms. Our cosy, bright, conventionally equipped rooms have, on average, a floor area of 20 m2 and a spacious bathroom. On the ground floor, most of the rooms have a balcony and TV, also a landline telephone if so wished. Residents may also choose to live in a two-room apartment, which in addition to the above-listed amenities includes an open kitchen.
All rooms are elegantly supplied with equipment for the disabled in order to ensure a safe environment for residents with reduced mobility (handrails, non-slip floors, windows and worktops of convenient height, low doorsills, sufficient lightning, shower chairs, adapted toilets, etc). The building has two elevators. By mutual agreement, the residents may bring some of their own furniture and other furnishings that make them feel at home.
There are a number of rooms in the building where the residents can spend time together or with visiting family members. In cold and dark days, it is cosy to sit by the fireplace or in a comfortable sitting room. The library lends books for reading in the room, but there are also computers and internet access. In the home kitchen, the residents can bake cakes and hold celebrations. The café sells fresh coffee and pastry, also elementary hygiene products. In addition, modern technical aids are provided so that everyone can move freely both in the building and outdoors.
Benita Home is surrounded by a 500-metre long walking trail, offering tranquil sounds of birds singing and fresh smell of pine forest. When walking along the trail, the residents can use walking sticks, mobility scooters, in winter also kicksleds. Along the trail, there are enough chairs for having a rest.
Click here to see the price list
How to find us?
You will find us in the Village of Valkse, Lääne-Harju Rural Municipality, which is only 25 km away from Tallinn. Find us on the map.
Proximity to Paldiski road ensures easy access to Benita Home, while the surrounding pine forest provides sufficient privacy.